14 January 2010

New Day

  The beginning of a new day.  Well, not the beginning.....we have been up for several hours (more like 4 hours). My little ones are just like an alarm clock.  Even though I did not get much sleep, Max had nightmares all night, I am feeling pretty good. Sleepy, but pretty good.
  I got up, fed the kids had some coffee, washed my face and got dressed for the day.  It always makes me feel good to do that.  The people at Max's school are probably wondering what happened to me the last several weeks.  I have not really gotten myself together until this week.  No make up and sweat pants were the only things I wore.  I did not really even do my hair.  I wore lots of baseball caps.
  While I am feeling better, I am still worried.  I have been reading a chat group from yahoo and it makes me so sad.  It used to be a group that focused on kids and last night I went to bed writing an email in my head to the group asking for adult support.  Well, this morning I got on and there were a number of adults on there.  They were talking about pain and how to deal with it.  There was someone talking about SI joint injections and the pain they had.  It is just the same as my pain.  They were saying that it is caused from the SI joint dislocating itself.  WOW, finally someone with one of the problems I have.  Not good news though, the conversation was not hopeful.  It was about what kind of canes, walkers, and wheel chairs to use.  Several people were saying how they plan every step of their day out to avoid too much pain.  Grrr, really, this is what I have to look forward to?
  I am already looking for a cane, but they are not really in the budget.  We will have to figure it out or I will end up with the standard gray metal one.  Ugly, but I guess if it helps me walk a bit, it is what I will have to use.  I am not ready for the idea of a walker or a wheel chair.   I am only 34 years old, but my body feel like it in the 70s.  A walker, I just cannot even start to believe it might be part of my life shortly.  I have two small boys and I want to be able to enjoy them as long as possible. I just don't know what I am going to do.  If I spend most of the day on the couch, I can do things with them for a couple of hours.  But, if I do that, I don't get much done around the house then.  It is so unfair to ask my husband to do so much for all of us.  He already works 40 hours a week, refs wrestling twice a week and takes care of us.
  Well, enough of my ranting for the day.  I have to get up and get the kids lunch ready and then it is time to take Max to preschool.  Can you imagine me doing that with a cane or walker?  to preschool, really?

Positive for the day, I am working on my club pages.  And, I am so excited, I have 7 people already signed up for the monthly club.  I also have 2 guests coming this month.  If anyone out there is interested, I can send you the pages and recipes to make them....we could figure out the cost or amount to order....we would also have to figure out how to make you a hostess one month so you can get the benefits.

Pain Level today - minimal....left ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment