17 October 2010

DISNEY

So, as a family, we decided that we are going to Disney.  Everyone is so excited.  We are all looking forward to it.  We have started a jar with money in it.  We are going to save and save money until we get there.

I took the boys to the bank with their change from their piggy banks.  They were so proud to tell the teller we are saving for a trip to Disney.  We bought the jar at Walmart and put pictures of the Disney characters on it.  The boys decided that they were going to spend some of their on toys and put some in the jar.  I am so proud of them....they get that we are wanting to do something in the future and they can still get something now.  It is awesome to see them learning to save.

It is great that we are all saving BUT, dang, it is still expensive.  I started looking around on line to see how much we would need to save.  I decided that we want to stay in the park, get park hopper passes and the food plan.  All of that including air fare is going to run the family $3500.  We would really like to pay off the CC before we go and don't want to go into more debt to pay for it.  Having said that, I really want to take the kids.  It will most likely be about 18 months before any of that happens.  Maybe longer.

I want to go as soon as we can.  I want to go sooner rather than later because I am not sure how I am going to do later in life.  I already have so much pain on a daily basis.  I know that I can over do it easily and it scares me. I am not taking pain meds at home (at all).  I think I may have to take it daily while we are there.  I am really hoping that even though I do that I will be able to function mentally and enjoy the trip.  Without meds, I am wondering if I can function physically.  I am 35 and I don't want to be in a wheelchair when we go to Disney.  That does not seem like fun to me.  I don't want to take away from my boys enjoyment of the experience.  Matt likes the idea of a wheelchair....we will get to go to the front of the line and go first since I am a invalid.  The whole idea sucks.......

I want to be able to go to Disney and enjoy it with my kids.  I want to go now while I can, but I don't want to put my family finances in jeopardy either. It is hard to decide what I should do.  Being in pain and being sure that life will bring more pain (maybe even worse), I want to live and enjoy what I can with my family while I can.  What do I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment