20 May 2010

Sidewalk Chalk and Sunshine


I was a wonderful day.  I did get most of the mess cleaned up, but not all of it.  I decided that after nap time I would go outside with my boys.

We played with bubbles.  It is so much fun to watch them run all over chasing the bubbles.  We have a bubble machine.  It blows a constant stream of bubbles (thanks Granna and Grandpa).

After that got old, we moved onto the sidewalk chalk.  That was fun.  We drew all kinds of things: houses, rainbows, fruit, and much more.  Then it got interesting.  I made the mistake of putting my hand in the chalk and then putting it on Max.  That started it all.  We all started just putting chalk on the ground so we could get it on our hands and mark the other person.  The boys loved it.  We all ended up a bit chalky.  Hand prints, drawing and just plain scribbles. We had a blast.  I am so glad that I got to participate in that moment with my children.

I have to say that having EDS has made me enjoy the little things even more.  It was so much fun to play that way.  Last year I would have been upset with the boys for making a mess and getting so dirty.  Instead, I started it and loved every minute of it.  The kids wash and so does the sidewalk.  What a glorious day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great afternoon! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Sending my love to all of you. Enjoy each day with them. They grow up so fast. You are facing uncertain times, but each day is a treasure! Live it and love it. None of us ever know what tomorrow will bring. Just keep praying..."Heavenly Father, help us see Your comfort and love when we are facing difficult times. Remind us that though the road seems uncertain and full of danger, You are with us always. Amen."

    ReplyDelete