26 October 2011

Still Here

I am still here....still not able to do a whole lot.

I am starting to have more mobility in my arm, but no strength.  I went to PT yesterday and had a different guy. I don't want him ever again.  Michael (my usual PT guy) was out and Daryl had to take care of me.  OUCH.  I am not sure if he knows about EDS.  He really pushed the limits and pushed them hard.  Michael is usually gentle and does not push past when I say ouch.  But Daryl did and I paid for it yesterday, last night and I am still paying today.  Would it be bad if I asked only to see Michael?  It is just the two of them and I don't want to make it weird.

I cannot do a whole lot, but some things are getting easier.  I can dress myself, but not undress myself (my husband likes that....he gets to help LOL).   I did manage to cook a meal or two, but cannot get things out of the oven.

While I am making improvement each day, it is still hard on the mind....I stress because I want to do so much.  It is extremely frustrating. There is so much I want to do that I just don't have the strength or dexterity to do.  One of my passions is scrapbooking and I lead a stamp club each month.  I have not been able to get ready for the next one or the Christmas card workshop I am doing in November.  I am going to have to get some help.  Which is hard too, because I like things done the way I want them and it is hard to tell others exactly how you want it without feeling bossy.  I am able to hold a book now...so at least I am getting some reading done.  Since I have better hand function, I think I will start crocheting this week.

Trying to keep positive.  Wish me luck on that front.  It will take time to get back to  "normal" and I need to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment