09 June 2010

Forgetting other pain

I don't know who else watches House on Fox.  If you do, remember when House was trying to get off of pills.  He took them for the pain in his leg...so to forget about the pain in his leg, he stabbed his hand.

I feel that way these days....no, I don't mean I want to stab myself in the hand.  I mean that the pain in my shoulder has made me forget about most of my other pains.  The mornings are pretty pain free, but by sleep time, I just want to cry from the pain.  I am sure that it is because I use it so much during the day.  I am careful not to pick heavy things up, but you don't realize how much you use your shoulder until it hurts. 

I am not getting down about.  It is just a part of my life.  I have accepted that pain is something that I am going to have to live with.  I am not freaking out about it or letting it stop my life.  

Despite the afternoon and evening shoulder pain, I have cooked good healthy dinners for the last three nights. No fast food, no junk.  Yummy healthy food.  I am working on having the family eat healthier.  Hoping two things come from this.  First, I am hoping that it will help me and my joints.  Second, I need to make sure that I maintain my weight.  I really would like to loose 5 pounds that I have gained since I was diagnosed.

Well, I am off to play with my boys today.  Cool and yucky outside, but we are going to have fun inside.  

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! An intense, localized pain always seems to make the more widespread pain fade into the background for me. So something like my subluxing shoulders (my current problem also) can make me forget about that all-over fibromyalgia ache, at least for a short while.

    ReplyDelete