14 August 2010

Annoying

So, yesterday and today, I have been down with a sore back.  It is awful.  I have had to try to sit still and not do much.  Has not really happened.....I have done some laundry and such.  That was until Matt got onto me about it.

Now I am sitting here.  From my favorite chair, I watch the world go by.  Matt and the boys cleaned up the living room today.  Now they are out in the garage today.  I think they have already changed the oil in my car.  I know that Matt is putting shelves up now.  I can tell because of the noise.  I feel like I should be out there helping.  If I am not out there to help, then I cannot complain if they are not exactly what I want.  I have to just be thankful that my husband has put them up for me.

I am resting so I can go with the family to the Rockies game tomorrow.  There is no way I want to miss this.  It is going to be so much fun.  The kids are out of their minds excited.  Each of them have a hat and a huge purple finger.  They are ready to go now!  We are all looking forward to it.  It is going to be a great family time.  And, a fabulous end of the summer present.

Next week is Matt's last week at the AOG, Max's first day of school and Ben's meet the teacher.  It is the end of summer and it is happy and sad all at the same time.  Matt is starting his new job on the 23rd.  It is a big step for the whole family.  I know I have said it before and I will say it again.  WE are excited and life is going to be better for us all.  It is going to be a huge difference for all of us.  Matt is going to be working from home. While we are all excited about this....we are not sure how it is going to all work out.  He will have his own office in the back bedroom.  We are going to put the day bed in there, just in case we need to have an extra bed for guests.  He currently has two desks in there....both junkers, but I am hoping to come up with something better for him.  He has asked for a bookshelf, but that is it.

I am sad that my baby Max is starting to full day kindergarten.  That means that he is no longer my baby.  He is going to be a big boy next week.  I am not sure what my days will be like without him at my feet all the time.  It is going to be hard.  It has been 5 years of him right there.  I know that he has been to preschool, but the most he was gone was 3 hours 3 days a week.  Now it is going to be almost 8 hours 5 days a week.  If that was not bad enough, Ben starts preschool the following week.  He will only go 2 hours a day 2 days a week, but still.  My babies are all growing up.  I am not sure if my life will get simpler since they are not going to be under foot, or busier because I will want to do somethings with the classes?  What kind of a soccer mom am I going to be?  Before I was just a stay at home mom, but now it seems to be a transition for me.

I am going to have to reinvent myself again.  From a home mommy to a school mommy.  Is there a difference? I am hoping so....I feel like I have failed at the home mommy part.  Let's see how the changes go.

No comments:

Post a Comment