01 July 2010

today

Good Morning world.  We are all up, the sun is shining, and the skies are beautifully blue.  We are going to have a great day, I just know it.  Today is treat day for Max at swim lessons. We get to find out if he will be moving up a level.  I am not sure if he will be doing it or not.

Great news is that Ben is going to be able to start real swim lessons next session.  We have been swimming in the baby pool while Max has been in his lessons.  Ben is jumping off the edge by himself.  I have taught him to float on his back with his ears in the water (with me having a hand on his back).  He can put his face in the water and blow bubbles.  He is almost ready to go totally under the water.  If I dunk him he will not fuss, but he is a little afraid to do it himself.  Anyway, the pool director saw us in the water and decided that it was time to put him in lessons.  I was surprised because when I asked the assistant director last week, she told me he had to be three before they would even consider it.  Not only is he going into real swim lessons, he will be in basic level two to start.  How awesome!!!  He is excited.  He has been wanting to jump off the diving board, even though Max still won't jump on his own.  He will start on the 12th.   I am a little nervous, but that is just the mommy in me.

I am still feeling pretty good.  I have started taking a B-12 tablet each day and I think it is helping a little.  I am still napping.  But, I can wake up in the morning and after nap without feeling groggy.  That is a big bonus.  I do not feel like I have to sleep all the time right now.  It is fabulous.  I am getting more done around the house, which also makes me feel better.  I have actually made real dinners for the last 4 days.  Don't get me wrong, I feed my family every day, but I have been cooking.  No fast food, no meals out of a box.  It has felt great.  We are all sitting down at the dinning room table and eating together.  It is fun to hear the boys tell Matt all about their days.

The evening yesterday was great.  After dinner, we took the boys to Wendy's.  They each got their frostys for reading for the library summer reading program.  I am so proud of them for reading.  Max is reading on his own and Ben wants me to read to him all the time.  After that we all went to the Nature Center and took a walk.  It was so much fun.  I love spending family time.  It was so nice.  I think Matt is wanting to do more (just in case he gets this job and leaves for 5 weeks).  I, also, think that he may want to do more, even if he does not get this job and leave.

I am getting ready for the kids to both go to school this year.  It is only July, but I already have school supply lists.  I am still not sure when school starts.  It is exciting, but sad at the same time.  Max will be starting kindergarten and that means he is growing up.  My first baby is growing up.  Ben starts preschool this year too.  He will go to school 9 to 11 on Mondays and Wednesdays.  What am I going to do with myself?  I am so used to having at least one of them with me all the time.  Max did not start preschool until after Ben was born.  I have spent nearly every day with Ben his whole life.  It will be strange not to have him around.  I am sure that, eventually, I will be happy to have the time and find something to do.  It will also be much needed time to myself, if Matt gets this job.

Wow, I had a number of thoughts today.  I guess the better I feel the more I have to say (maybe because I am doing more).

No comments:

Post a Comment